When the new “outside plug 250 engines” were introduced Ferrari changed to the more modern spin-on type filters, again from the FRAM Company. These filters include the silk-screened sticker with correct information on the outside plug engines.
Enzo Ferrari always liked the wiring and plumbing to be neat and orderly. The plug wires on the V-12 engines were gathered together at the base of the distributor bodies by two small loop type brackets. The early cars used black steel brackets. At “about” the time of the change to the outside plug heads (Chassis near #1,500) the brackets were cad-plated. Each bracket had a rubber grommet to avoid chafing the wires and an “O” ring to gather the wires above and below the bracket. Black Spark Plug Wire Bracket
The early outside plug 250 series engines used a small carbon brush assembly to activate the cooling fan clutch. This is a pencil-sized plastic assembly, held in place by a spring clip, with a small spring-loaded carbon brush that sends an electrical signal to activate a magnetic clutch to engage the radiator cooling fan. The design was improved on the later 250 cars with the addition of a second ground brush. The earlier assembly is shown on page 285 of Dick Merritt’s book Ferrari:Operating, Maintenance, and Service Handbooks 1948-1963. The later configuration, with the ground brush, is shown on page 170 of the “Carbooks” 275 Manual reprint. “Hot” Brush assembly with the retaining clip
Ferrari used the Button type grease fittings on all of the cars prior to the 275 series which began using the more familiar “Allamite” type. On the 250 series cars the tie rod ends used the “Allamite” type grease fittings. This pull-on type adapter is appropriate for other Italian, French and English cars using the button type grease fittings with the head dimensions of 15mm across the flats and 2mm thick. Pull-On Type Grease Gun Adapter